5900 XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5900 XT

Recently purchased this card for not so much cash and Im pretty happy with it. I ran futuremark and found out Im getting stomped by a lot of people who look like they are OC'ing this card. Mine clocks in at 702mhz for my clock speed. This is a stock setting yet I see people stomping my performace with a clock speed of 834mhz with this chipset.

I picked up the LeadTek version btw.

Ive always been very... well afraid... of overclocking my stuff. But if I can pick up some FPS and still keep the card stable and smooth I may be willing to try.

Can this be done safely? Would I need to pickup additional cooling for my video? And finally, how easy is this to do?

Download the latest drivers from nvidia, on the advanced preferences you will find an overclocking option. From here you can safely overclock your card but remember: increase in small increments at a time, if you start seeing visual artifacts you have gone to far, and better safe than sorry don't go too far :thumb:

Comment

the 5900xt is really a 5900 chip so you sould be able to oc farly far without to much trouble man (becuase you are just taking the chip to its real speed) btw i think you were talking about the ram speed cuz i certianly haven't heard of a xt @ 700 mhz

Comment

I do have the latest drivers from nvidia... but Im not seeing an overclocking option anywhere... hmm

Comment

dowload a prog called coolbits it opens up some more options in the advanced section

Comment

roger, ill check it out.. thanks

Comment

Try to flash your bios into a 5900NU, it works for. I have club3d 5900xt@5900NU clocked@ 500/920 8) . And it still is running stable.

i used the xfx5900Nu bios and flashed it with wfflash.

You can get the bios from www.mvktch.net.

Comment

Working...
              X