Need New Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Ram

I currently have HyperX 3200 256x2 and would like to upgrade to 512x2.

What ram brand would you guys prefer...I want to try and get the best...but want to keep the price under $300 US if I can.

I play a lot of games (Hence the update) so performace is key.

I currently have a A-Bit nf7-s MB and and a AMD 3000+ OC'd at 2.4 ghz.

You got lots of headroom if you have $300 for RAM :) . I am currently using this RAM right here in one of my machines.

Nothing bad to say about it. Rock solid and fast.

Comment

Find compatible DRAM memory and SSD upgrades for your PC or Laptop with our Crucial Advisor tool or Crucial System Scanner, with FREE US delivery!

quality product at a competitive price
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Corsair, Crucial, OCz, Kingston...
        Lots of good brands. What you want to watch out for is cas latency. Try to get some with cas latency of 2 (rather than 2.5 or 3).

Comment

Yeah, corsair you'll definitly get a CAS of 2. It's what i'm running right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tacos4me
            You got lots of headroom if you have $300 for RAM :) .
            Yea, I dont like buying cheap stuff...specially in crucial areas like ram. Saves a lot of headaches^^

Thanks for the tips...I think I will be getting this http://www.accupc.com/itemDetail.jsp...fer=PriceWatch

Comment

I just read the front page review on ram and now I want to get the geil golden dragon (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...144-603&depa=0) .

On oc'ing my current memory maxed out at 209 fsb and they got it to 220. You think I should try this over the OCZ? Anyone use geil memory?

Comment

Working...
              X