X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pc3200 ram

Hi guys this is my post here
    i bought a GeIL Value PC3200 256mb DDR ram($60) along with my computer
    i want to buy the same exact model for upgrade but i'm not sure if dual channel will work for these kind of ram
    my other option is to buy two other rams with better quality such as crucial or kingmax
    should i get another Geil value ram or two high quality rams
    thx in advance

It really depends on your wants and desires. What are your intentions with the system? If just average use and some gaming, then another stick of the same memory you currently have will do fine and you will still be able to take full advantage of the dual channel capabilities of your mainboard.

But if you have plans on overclocking and creating an enthusiast rig, then you would probably do better with a higher quality memory. The main reason is that the faster speeds will ensure the memory is not a bottleneck for a maximum overclock of the system, and also allow you to use more aggressive memory timings with a higher degree of stability.

Good luck!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

thx for the reply
      basically i use my computer to surf internet and burn dvds and play games.
      i just want to know if geil's performance is worth the bucks
      cuz i can get a name brand such as crucial at around the same price at newegg.com

Comment

Working...
      X