Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Choose.

Hard Drive. Seagate vs Western Digital
    I hear good things about both drives, and am planning to get a 40gb. Seagates is 77 us, Western Digitals is 79 us. Is one better than another?

Cases
    I was looking for a case w/ a powersupply for cheap(40-80 us). Im looking to run a 1700xp on it-not overclocked. I was looking at a $42 300w screwless evercase - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ry=1470&DEPA=1

or

$80 300w workstation tower from chenming -http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=7&manuf actory=1535&DEPA=1

or
    $55+fans 350w 9bay case

I am open to suggestions. I need a good, cheap case, with a good powersupply.

I don't think you'd be wrong with either Seagate or Western Digital - both look pretty good in the reviews I've seen.

As for the case - I've been window shopping lately and having a hard time choosing.
    I have however purchased from electroseller before and was quite pleased with the case. (not the same case as your link however)

Anybody here tried one of those Noblesse cases?
    It looks sweet, just wondered if anyone has had the pleasure.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I was first going to get a soltek 75dvr4 mobo, but im now looking at others, like the Epox EP-8KHA+ (KT266A). Im looking to use this system for gaming, and plan to overclock. What are some good boards, you guys recommend? Im looking for under 100 us, but dont mind to go over a little. What mobo should i choose?

I will use an XP1800 processor. I would like the mobo to be compatible with the upcoming AMD THOUROUGHBRED processor as well. I want as much upgradeability as possible.
      Thanks

Comment

Hopefully the question of proper support for "Thoroughbred" should be answered hopefully around the of the month. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well I made my decision as far as the case go. I ordered a Electroseller 350W, Side Fan, BeigeTurbo Case!, Dual USB Ordered with 2 fans

I guess ill just have to wait for the mobo, like wiggo said.

Comment

Working...
          X