Gigabyte GA 81RXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA 81RXP

Just installled the GA 81RXP. 1.6A Northwood, ATI All in Wonder 8500DV, Audigy gamer, lite-on gear. Great setup but one question. How do you sue the IDE channels 3and 4 in a ATA mode???? Despite repeated BIOS changes -- cannot see the drives on 3 or 4.

gary

Some boards have a jumper that must be set so check the manual out for that. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Gary, I think that I have read somewhere that ide 3 & 4 on a Promise setup can
      only be seen when set up as raid.
      Can't remember where I saw it, sorry.
      I only use mobo's with Highpoint raid,
      so I can use as raid, or as ide's 3 & 4
      solely for more devices.

Comment

I don't know if that is the case. I know some RAID controllers don't like CDROMs or DVDs.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I managed to boot to ATA133 with drivers found on the gigabyte site. Looked o.k. with primary drive but could not add second drive no matter what I tried. Eventual changes to bios locked up system - no boot now. Anyone know how to get this board alive again?

Comment

There should probably be a jumper on the board that resets all the BIOS settings to default. Normally it will be labeled Clear CMOS or something similar.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

After reading several reviews on the 7vxrp[socket a kt333] i believe this board allows the raid channels to be used for ata133 devices as well, there fore up to 8 ide devices if u feel so inclined, wOOt

Comment

Working...
              X