Networking Games between xp & 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking Games between xp & 98

Hi i resently had a network with some friends who were running me and 98 while i was running xp pro. We found that xp couldn't find the people in the lobby running 98 in many games and 98 couldn't find xp. Also i have some games that don't go xp to xp either. I couldn't get any westwood games to network nor AVP2.

I dont have a firewall all protocals are installed.

??? What do i do ???

Install 98?

Preferably as a dual-boot thingo, so you can use XP for normal use and 98 for the games that need it.

Comment

what he said ^

hehe, thats pretty much the response that you'll get from everyone here...you could try the compatablity feature in XP but i haven't actualyl gotten that to work with anything yet...so yeah, dual boot with 98SE if you like XP and don't want to format it and use 98SE at LANS and XP for your own use :)
      At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

um well it could be that u dont have the right protocols installed or may be the win98 PCs are working on the netBEUI and winXP does not have that protocol well best thing is use win98se in dualboot since XP is not good for games any how

Comment

In order to install NetBeui in XP, go to your XP cd and look in the following folder:
          %cdrom%:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NET\NETBEUI
          There is a text file to easily install netbeui on your computer but there is a security factor involved with this protolcol.
          But when all is said and done, a SE/XP dual boot system is very handy. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

you could install netbeui true, but your best bet is to make both computers run TCP/IP, it is a far superior network protocol. set your ip addresses on the 10 net. ie:

10.0.0.7 etc.
            basically 10.0.0. (2-255)
            subnet masks 255.255.255.0
            that should help. any system that is tcp/ip compatable can talk to any other system. unix/mac/pc etc, which is why it is used for the internet, (well, for our purposes here, it is :))
            [space saving sig]
            AMD 0wn3z j00!
            [/space saving sig]

Comment

Working...
            X