Abit Or Asus??...again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit Or Asus??...again!!!

Hey guys...wassap again...I am thinking of upgrading my Mobo soon or probably in Jan-Feb...after the holidays...now I like Asus...I have one and no complaints so far...i had an Abit for my Plll but I was too newbie to know anything about it...anywayz...the Asus A7V266-E looks cool...but the layout really suxorz...now the Abit KR7A-RAID looks sweet...the layout is amazing...now I dont know...ive never used an Abit AMD Mobo before...so im kinda virgin to them...can i get some opinions...I will post a poll on who wants what and post a comment after you vote...thanks again guys...peace
    :devil: :devil: :afro: :devil: :devil:
    Asus A7V266-E w/AMD XP
    0%
    Abit KR7A-RAID w/AMD XP
    0%

A few months ago I would have said Abit without hesitation, but since I have been using an EPoX 8KHA+ board (yep... VIA KT266A chipset), I'm finding out that they are very solid, and cost less than others. They also elected to put 6 PCI slots on it and none of that useless CNR Riser crap. Very solid piece of hardware here. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah...i was thinking of other companies...but i have this very strong belief in the main players...i dont know...i could definatly be wrong...i just dont want to waste my money on something weak...the abit looks pretty sweet...also i was looking into the MSI PRO RU (KT266A - Forgot the model)..that has the USB 1 and 2 ports and is in red...ive read that that might be a good one...umm...i dont know...i could be saving more money though...is the epox that stable and have u gotten any problems yet????
      :devil: :devil: :afro: :devil: :devil:

Comment

No problems at all. It allows for a faster overclock of my 1GHz AVIA chip, it is much faster because of it's DDR memory, and I benched 450 points higher in 3dMark2001 with it over my old KT133A board...and I have not even begun to tweak the BIOS yet. So yeah, it is rock solid, and hasn't had a crash yet that was hardware induced (had one due to ICQ, but that's it).
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

I am going to be buying the asus a7v266-e at about the same time - looks like a good board and I've always been happy with the Asus boards I've had (I've even plugged em in incorrectly fried an usb cable and the mboard still works)

NB. One other reason (not primary reason) for me sticking with the asus setup is that i've got an asus Ipanell (hardware diagnotics device) but it will only work on Asus boards
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

you should try EpoX!! im running EpoX 8KTA3 which ive had for a while & it is sweet!!! no issues with it at all! :thumb:
            At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

You should have a look at the new ASUS A7M-266-D dual
              Athlon mp, single t-bird,XP, Duron mobo :)

Comment

Actually I linked a review in the Web News this morning and they had the Asus comin' in just in front of the Abit but that was the 1st review that I've read that compares both atm. ;)
                <center></center>

Comment

Working...
                X