hdd problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdd problem

ok heres the thing...i have two hdd 120 and 250 ok 120 runs windows and 250 is back up....250 has been working fine and everything...and has a lot of stuff on it....computer finds it and evertything but when i double click on it it says drive is not formatted do u want to,....which is no becuase i got a whole bunch of stuff on there...now...when i put the windows cd in it finds 120 hdd ntfs and 250 hdd unknown...how can i get it to work without erasing all my stuff

The problem is likely the size of the drive. XP can't handle drives that big, normally.
    Download the Maxtor Big Drive Enabler (should work whether or not you have Maxtor):

Comment

thjanks ill see if it works

Comment

it didnt work but this happened right when i put my new 120 in. Then the other one starte not working

Heres the whole deal...I have two hdd a 120gig and a 200gig...120gig runs my OS win xp w/ sp1. 200gig runs as a slave for apps, mp3s, and so on. Well my 120gig took a dump and I just got a new one right now so I changed out the old 120 with a new 120 ok....with me still.....well now that its plug in and everything works I try to open my 200 gig hdd and it comes up with a message "hdd not formatted do you want to format now" and i dont because i have all my stuff on there. well i was looking around and found out that the 120 is ntfs system and the 200 is not being reconized or something because it is showing "raw" and no file system on it. It also showing 100% free. Now i know i have a out 100 gigs of stuff on there and i didnt format it at all so something is wrong. Now how do i get my stuff off of the 200gig hdd without losing all my stuff or formatting...

HELP ME!

Comment

I'd say almost certainly it was reformatted.
          You can use a file recovery program, but getting all the stuff from wherever you orgininally got it would be much faster and much easier.

In other words, looks like you're screwed.

Comment

u knwo a good file recovery program cuz i have like 100 gigs of movies, music etc.

Comment

GetDataBack for NTFS

A buddy sent that too me, so youll have to google to find it.

You will need a drive of equal or greater capacity obvously if you want to recover it.

Comment

Was SP1 already installed when you added the larger drive? If not, then you would have had to install a drive overlay for Win to recognise the full cap of the drive. Try the drive manufacturer's diagnostic app. It should have come with a retail drive, or can be downloaded from the maker's site for an OEM drive.

Comment

that sucks, my brother just had to reformat his harddrive, and to get all his files back he had to buy this $70 program, realy sucked. also, did you download all of those movies. if so, most likely it was good it was reformated because you probably got loads of viruses from them.
                  amd 4200 x2
                  2gb ocz gold pc4000
                  dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
                  antec sp500
                  bfg7800gtx
                  zalman cpu cooler

Comment

Working...
                  X