Corsair Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Memory

I just bought a couple 512MB PC3200 sticks from NewEgg. Both are Corsair sticks and I set them up in the proper slots for Dual Channelling. How do I make sure it is working?

I used Aida32 to see the two sticks and for some reason it was reading 1 stick being Corsair and the other as something like "512MB DDR SDRAM". That concerns me a little, since I know that you are supposed to have the same make, model and everything for Dual Channelling to work.

Both sticks are the same down to the names and numbers on the chips themselves, but I would like to test this out to make sure.

Thanks,
    Mike

Your motherboard might not even have dual-channel support. Do you know what motherboard you are using?

Comment

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe.

It supports it.

Comment

There should be two seperate memory controllers. So if you have four RAM slots, think of them like this:

slot 1
        slot 2

slot a
        slot b

Place the sticks in slot 1 and slot a.

Comment

There are only 3 slots. 1 is seperate than the other 2.

I have one on the first memory control and the other on the second. But I am just wondering if there is something that can tell me whether it is working or not. Any kind of test program or something.

Thanks

Comment

I don't know of any program.... Maybe the BIOS could tell.... :confused:
            If you have it setup right, I doubt there's any problem. It simply should work.

Although, one way you could tell would be to download a benchmark utility, such as PCMark from www.futuremark, and run it with the RAM in the correct slot for dual channel and in the incorrect slot. If it performs notably higher (should be in hundreds of points; the score can randomly vary from test to test by as much as one hundred points) with the RAM in the correct slot, it is working.

Comment

During the intial bootup the post screen will tell you whether dual channel is working or not but your memory sticks should be in slots 2 and 3.

Comment

Ok cool thanks. To be honest, I didn't see anything at boot up, but I also switched my Memory around too. Right now they are in slots 1 and 3. When I get home I will put them in slots 2 and 3.

Thanks much!

Mike P

Comment

The MB at bios bootup, says "Dual Channelling". So, it works! Thanks again.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X