Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking help

Hi everyone

Im new to overclocking and i was wondering if you guys could help me out. I just bought a new system and dont want to do something stupid and get my cpu or video card fried

Here is my complete setup

Athlon 64 3400+
    2*512MB Kingston Hyper X PC3500
    Hercules Radeon 9800 XT
    Thermaltake Damier 5000A case
    Thermaltake 480 PFC Silent Purepower PSU
    2*Seagate 10,000RPM 73Gb HDD SCSI Ultra 320 5ms 68 pin on Raid
    Asus K8V deluxe motherboard
    Asus DVD burner
    2*Asus DVD drive
    Floppy Disk Drive
    Creative Audigy ZS Platinum
    3 extra 80mm case fans

Yeh any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok. Well the 3400+ has a locked mutliplier I believe, so the only way you'll be able to overclock it is by raising the FSB. As you increase your FSB you are going to need to give your CPU more voltage. This is the most dangerous part, as giving your CPU more voltage is what would most likely damage it. However I would not raise the voltage past 1.70 volts unless you had very good air cooling or water cooling. The voltage is increased as the "vcore" in your bios. Usually do this in steps, say increase the FSB 3mhz run prime95 or play a game for a while to make sure it is stable. Rinse and repeat, :P, and if you computer starts to become unstable up the voltage another .025 volts. And then do the same thing until you reach 1.70 volts or so. Also room temps, cpu idle and load temps, and your heatsink model would be nice.

<Zack

Comment

Working...
    X