Aquamark 3d sucks or just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquamark 3d sucks or just me?

I downloaded Aquamark 3D. It is a 64meg file, something like that. I ran it on my machine before I upgraded it.

Athlon 2000+
    1 Gig DDR266
    Radeon 9600

My overall score came to 14000. Something like that.

Upgraded system.

Athlon 3200+
    1 Gig DDR400 Dual Channeling
    Radeon 9600

My score is not 15000. What the hell is this? There is either something wrong with the program or me. Please help! I didn't purchase Aquamark, I am just using the program as downloaded.

Thanks,
    Mike

P.S. I am seeing results from a lot of people that are running Athlon 2500+, who are getting AWESOME results.

Your score would be limited to youy graphics card, update that and you'll update you score. However your system is more than what you need to run a majority of todays games on medium to high setting. Remember real world games are what you need good performance in not benchmarks, they are in fact a guide of how well your computer will run in these games after all. :thumb:

Comment

have you optimised the system at all. follow the windows xp optimisation guides. (im assuming your using xp)
      how long is it since you defragged and cleaned up the system?
      do you have anything running in the background.
      and as rugbydude said, you probably wont get any higher without a better graphics card.

Comment

Defrag: Yes, everything is good to go as for optimal HDD performance.

WinXP Optimization: Nope, I have heard of programs or guides to help optimize WinXP. Could you link a good site for me please?

Programs in the background: Hardly anything is running. Normal XP stuff after installation and ATI display controller....that is about it. I turn off MS Messenger.

Thanks again,
        Mike

Comment

Windows Messenger will hurt you a lot...

Go to the www.tweakguides.com and look for the Windows XP guide called Reformat to Relax.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Re: Aquamark 3d sucks or just me?

Dear god. Wake up to yourself. I'm running an AMD64FX55 & 6800GT ULTRA with 2Gb of corsair RAM, & i can't come near some of the bull**** here. Don't believe everything you see on the web! Believe me. There are a lot of bull**** artists out there.

Comment

Wow, all four of them...
                Originally posted by Black Cloud
                Don't believe everything you see on the web! Believe me.
                Which is it?

Can't quite figure out what your post here was supposed to mean. To which artists are you referring, and what do they have to do with this thread?

Also, have you bothered reading posts thread in the two and a half years you've been here? This entire thread is over a year old.

Comment

Just my guess, but I would say that this user has either confused the becnhmark being talked about with one of the 3DMark series utlities or is totally clueless. If the second option applies, then it would appear that some of the so-called bull**** to which they refer has fallen onto their own plate.

And just for informational purposes, I run an AMD FX-53 with only 1GB of quality RAM with a Sapphire X800XT PE and generally score in the area of 76k.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

You need a better graphics card to score well on Aquamark. With a 9700 PRO in my system and my CPU highly overclocked I get 48K:

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=155530702

Exact same system with the X850 XT PE 91K:

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=491018382

And they are right. You just don't need the latest and greatest video cards to enjoy gaming. The 9700PRO does a pretty repectable job of playing at higher than normal resolutions and settings, and is half the speed of the X850. The X850 is really only better because I run a 21" monitor at 1600X1200 or higher with all the eye candy turned on maximum. Since I have no life and play alot of PC games, this is great for me. Just stick with what you budget and tastes ask for.
                    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                    PC P&C 500W PSU
                    2TB Seagate
                    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
                    X