Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus Terminator K7 DDR. Anyone using one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Terminator K7 DDR. Anyone using one?

I recently purchased a barebones-barebones of this item, i.e. no cd, no reader unit.
    It works fine with XP Home, an 80Gb HDD and an AMD XP2000 + 256 Mb ram. (not overclocked)
    Chip runs at about 45c, which I think by me is ok for AMD, but mobo is indicating 50c, and has been up to 60c.
    Being used to mobos that run in the region of 35c, I am a bit concerned.
    As usual, Asus are asleep when you try their website!
    The fans run quietly, with only the odd burst of higher rpm, so I assume that all is well, but...
    BTW, I am running the latest version of PC Probe, and ambient is 22/23c, a blazing heatwave in N England! :)

Tiny little thing, isn't it? The temps are a little higher than I personally like, but well within design specs. Since your not ocing, or probably doing any heavy-duty gaming with the rig, it should be ok. Just don't put it in one of these cubby holes with a door that are in a lot of computer desks.

Comment

many motherboards dont report the temp proberly. i think asus boards report higher temperatures.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I won't be putting it in a cabinet. Far too neat for that! Then again, I may put it close to the central heating radiator in winter!
        Have decided it is good enough for me to dispense with my other two heating machines, aka power gobblers/noise generators. After all, who needs hi-power when all you do is write letters and email! Will buy another and fit it out with an XP2400, see how that goes.
        Night all :D

Comment

New report

Bought another, as threatened! With XP2400, 512 meg of ram in original machine, otherwise unchanged, now runs at 51/51c, but fans now running faster (to be expected). When I find time to raise second machine from electronic stasis, using original XP2000 and 256 meg, will report back to all my readers!!!!!
          Sorry, just my Scottish joke...

Comment

Working...
          X