Jammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammed

After slowly increasing my settings to overclock my P4 2.0a, I was getting some good results. But now my system won't boot up. It won't even POST. Did I fry a component? or did I just need to do something simple to get it booting? HELP!

Try clearing the CMOS as this usually helps. :smokin:
    :cheers:

Comment

Yep. Clearing the CMOS of your overly aggressive settings will force the system back to a factory default status and allow you to start over. Don't worry... most folks who overclock have come across this little error many times. :D
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

sometimes booting with the Ins. key depressed will work too

Comment

I love my MSI K7T266 Pro2 :D when ever it won't post I hit reset 3 times in succession and CMOS resets ! Cool feature I think.

Comment

That is pretty nifty. As Darth and Wiggo said - Just reset your BIOS, you overclocked your processor too high and this is the way your computer rejects it.
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I tried clearing my CMOS, but it still won't get to the POST. I can't get to the BIOS obviously. Am I screwed?

Comment

it's not sounding too good. just make sure that all your parts are connected properly, check all cables and stuff.. then see what happens.. if that doesn't work then things don't look good at all...

Comment

try taking the little battery on your motherboard out and letting it sit for a day.
                  Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Originally posted by GiMP
                    I love my MSI K7T266 Pro2 :D when ever it won't post I hit reset 3 times in succession and CMOS resets ! Cool feature I think.
                    Yeah MSI and Epox are the best for overclockers recovery

Ysing the 4SDA+, if i overclock it too hard i just have to hold the INS key for 4 secs (no reset or nothin) and it boots up with factory defaults, but when you enter BIOS, all the options are set to how you had them b4 you crashed the system, so no need to reset ram settings or nothing
                    : peace2:

Comment

Working...
                    X