Spyware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware

Does anyone know if there is a network version of a spyware program for windows based computers? I'm having issues with users downloading crap on there machine, especially worms like wserve32.exe.

Thanks.

Might be time to revamp the permissions baseline. ;)

I know a lot of our members have had very good results with both Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy, but I can't say whether they're offering a network based client for the administrators to use. Might check out their websites and see if they can help. Both programs work well, handle a vast majority of the new tricks coming out recently and are updated regularly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Spyware

Dont know if this helps but a way to prevent spyware being installed on the machines in the first place is Spyware blaster which you can get from here.

hope this helps guys

Steelyb

Comment

You can use spybot and have it distributed like a network install, I would suggest using an AutoIT script or Kixtart. But you will need some knowledge of writing scripts in order to use the above tools. You can also have spybot run automatic checks at logon, but i would not recommend that, as users will be waiting a good 10 mins while it scans, when you install spybot, remember to tick the box for "tea timer" that is "realtime scanning and blocking of spyware" Gary

Comment

too bad spybot just removes entries to programs that are adware/spyware/etc. it doesn't remove the actual files. they are in windows\temp, \windows, and windows\system32 still. alos i always wondered why it creates a system restore point before it removes anything. it should do that after this way you have a reasonably clean system.

anyway a good idea although expensive for a corproate network is to have your firewalls block certain activex controls from even downloading. NetScreen firewalls can do this so can a few other vendors products.. its expensive because you have to pay by the number of clients..

i belive a few of the anti spyware vendors are working on enterprise editions. Pestpatrol and Webroot SpySweeper come to mind..

also I've had good results with this tool http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/ Bazooka!

Comment

Working...
          X