OCing my OEM computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCing my OEM computer

Hey guys, im new to this forum so if i ask questions that ur tired of answering over and over again, plz just gimme a link to the old thread :P

Anyways, im looking to slightly overclock my computer, in particular my FSB and GPU.

My stats:

Intel p4 3.0 400 FSB, 512 pc2700 RAM, i656 MoBo (i think) and Radeon 9600 Pro GPU.

Ive been using ATITool but havent really gotten it to work (yes i have proper drivers)

How much can u overclock ur FSB? Does it really make a difference?

When you increase the FSB you are causing the processor and memory to work faster. It also raises the overall system speed, so yes it does make a difference. The speeds as to which you can attain will depend on the entire system, so better quality components will almost always give you better results where overclocking is concerned. I'm not familiar with the motherboard you list so I can't give you any ideas as to how far you might be able to get.

As to overclocking the video board, I have had very good luck using Rage3D. It can be found (with any number of other ATI utilities) at www.guru3d.com
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Il try and post my full stats from Sandra soon, when i install it.

is FSB overclocking "dangerous"? Is there a high chance of burning your card?

What are the general things i should consider when OCing? Any tips or no-nos?

Comment

overclocking isnt dangerous unless you arent careful.
        what motherboard do you have. if its an intel made one then it probably wont have any overclocking options

Comment

Working...
        X