No announcement yet.

geforce FX vs geforce 3 winner gf3????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geforce FX vs geforce 3 winner gf3????

hi i'm fairly dissapointed about my geforce fx 5200, i just bought one from albatron the fx5200EP 128mb and i ran 3dmark2001se and scored 5056 on standard settings and resolution 1024x768

my system is as follows:
    P4 2.8C GHZ, 512Mb DDR 400 RAM, 120Gb SATA HDD, Soltek sl-86spe-l motherboard and Geforce FX 5200EP 128MB

i have been searching the net for other benchmarking results and people with computers equal to mine and running the same card scoring upto 4000 more marks than me in one case a Geforce 3 Ti 300 scored 6900 marks on a system lower in performance than mine his sytem was:

Athlon 1700+, 512MB SDRAM, 40Gb Hard-drive and 64MB GF 3 Ti 300 and none of it was overclocked how is this possible i need help solving this problem and getting my card to work like all the other benchmarked ones i want at least another 2000 marks please help

I honestly doubt that a GF3 outdid yours at stock speeds, unless you;ve got some serious issues.

Comment

Maybe try putting ur vid card setting on low and not default.Prob why he has higher scores.

Comment

I'd be looking at what unnecessary processes that you have running in the background as these can cause a big impact on your scores.

Comment

that model seems to be the 64-bit memory bus FX5200, if this is true, against 128-bit memory bus of the GF3-Ti it is reasonable to expect that sort of results. If you look on the card closely you will see that the memory chips are located only on the one side of the card (that's the picture I see at Albatron's website).

If you can, replace your card with the Albatron FX5200P or 5200 Turbo since these cards have 128 bit memory bandwidth.

Comment

i did have a look at the card and around the internet it is only a 64-bit memory bus the is a bit of a drag well any way i just put down some cash on a x800xt and i shouldn't have to worry about low 3d mark scores no more well neway thnx guys

Comment

Working...
            X