Asigning drive letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asigning drive letters

OK i just installed DVD player & all drive letters are all messed up this is how they are now F/E/D i was wondering whats the easiest way to put them in order like D/E/F.
    Thanks

Under Windows XP:
    Start > Run > dismgmt.msc

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      Under Windows XP:
      Start > Run > dismgmt.msc
      would it kill you to give a little more detail? :)

right click the drive you want to change, select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..."
      But before you do that, you must make sure the letter you want to change the drive to is available. So if you want to make F:\ become D:\ you must first change the current D:\ to something else (G:\ ?).
      Attached Files

Comment

Im using Win ME .I click on MY COMPUTER icon on desk top right cick on the drive letter's but won't let me change drive letter's ( Am i doing it the right way)

Comment

Originally posted by Budlite
          ( Am i doing it the right way)
          it's been a terribly long time since I used a member of the win9x family, even longer since I used winME specifically. Unfortunately, the method that Yawgm0th and myself have been describing only applies to the NT family (and not the 9x family AFAIK). You'll have to find someone that's still familiar with win9x to help you...

Comment

There's no way to do it without the help of a third party problem AFAIK.

Comment

OK i figured it out /you change the drive letters in device manager
              Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
              X