nForce4 release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nForce4 release?

When will we see this chipset being used? I saw on the front page that I supports all the major A64 sockets in the same board :O Thats exactly what I'm looking for, because theres no way I can afford a 3800+ and I don't want to be stuck in socket 754. Couldn't find a date mentioned though
    Last edited by GiMP; 06-29-2004, 02:27 PM.

From what I've seen its going to implelemt PCI-Express and all so it could be a while.

Comment

I've got to laugh at that one.

The chipset is designed to suit any of the 3 sockets, not all at the same time on one mainboard.

Comment

From what I've read, the point is to support PCI-E.
        http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16874

Nforce3 already supports all three sockets. But not all three at once.

Hopefully NF4 will have much better performance than NF3 as the K8T800 Pro seems to be the best ATM.

Comment

Re: nForce4 release?

Looks like we wont be waiting much longer........Check out THIS tasty news!

Various web resources are offering information regarding NVIDIA´s upcoming nForce 4 mainboard chipset. They name different release dates (October 19 or 20) and several modifications (3 or 4).

OCWorkbench, reports from it's own sources, nForce 4 will be served in 4 models:
          • nForce 4 — 2 x SATA, AGP 8x, 1 GHz HyperTrasport, Socket 939
          • nForce 4 SLI — 2 x SATA, 2 x PCI-E, 1 GHz HyperTrasport, Socket 939
          • nForce 4 Ultra — 2 x SATA, 1 x PCI-E, 1 GHz HyperTrasport, Socket 939
          • nForce 4 scaled edition – 1 x SATA, 800 MHz HyperTransport, Socket 754
          A number of web resources state that nForce 4 and nForce 4 Ultra will be released first, while nForce 4 SLI will catch up later. As for other features, they name DDR400 SDRAM, 8-channel Sound Storm 7.1 and LAN. It seems nobody still have exact information, as besides Socket 939/754 some mass media mention Socket 940. But those aware of Socket 940 don´t know about nForce 4 scaled edition for some reason.

Source: digit life

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=1945

Comment

There's actually supposed to be a different chipset supporting PCI-E coming out soon, as well. I can't remember if it was from Sis, Via, or a different company, though. I'm expecting nForce 4 to perform the best, anyway, but that's not guaranteed.

Comment

VIA K8T890 and another I believe from ATI (yep, another company getting into the chipset race).
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

ATI atually came out with a chipset a while ago, but it wasn't any good.

Comment

I am going to buy the Neo4 Platnium as soon as it hits the shelf.

Comment

I also may be getting a MSI nforce4 mobo for my new rig as well. But since it will still take a while for em to get cash for it I might as well go with DFI's board when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                    X