Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

morrowind is it my hardware or configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morrowind is it my hardware or configuration?

I got this game called morrowind and I want to play it really well i got a lot of parts for my comp these are my specs

motherboard: asus p4p800 normal one is not the deluxe
    chip: 3.0 ghz northwood chip fsb of 800
    ram: 2 sticks of 256 is dual ram kingston i think
    audiocard:audigy2 zs
    videocard: geforce fx 5600 normal is not the ultra
    hard drives: 2 hard drives of 40 gb nothing on them i made a brand new instalation

the recommended requirements for the game are
    800 mhz
    256 of ram
    64mb videocard

and i still can't play the game also i tried doing some stuff the readme file said but i still cant play the game and is driving me nuts a friend told me that morrowind depends more on the chip i had a celeron 2.0 ghz so i got a new chip a 3.0 ghz and still cant play it i dont think is the videocard.the videocard has 256mbs is an fx 5600 the recomendedwas a geforce 4 or something that had 64 mb on the videocard so i made a new reinstallation i erase everything completely and i did a new instalation and when i play the game it freezes sometimes too much it occurs quite frequently the machine has everything drivers update and everything windows updates everythingi can play other games like call of duty medal honor perfectly and they need more than morrowind and i got the year edition becasue it had all the expansions bloodmoon has the latest patch and i still get problems

what's the problem here?

Have you gone thru the Morrowind Tweak Guide?

There are better v/c's than the FX5600 range but it should work.

Comment

Your computer is fine, I used to run it on an Athlon 1gig, 512 sd ram and a geforce 4 ti.

The thing is Morrowind is a ***** to get right and play, I have an Athlon 64 FX-51, 2 gig DDR and a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra 256mb and I still get constant CTD's and sometimes sluggish gameplay.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the correct patches, with the game of the year edition you need to install the Tribunal and Bloodmoon patches and make sure they are the correct region for you, there are American and European patches. So install Morrowind then install Tribunal then tribunal patch then Bloodmoon then Bloodmoon Patch. (Morrowind patch is included on the Tribunal Disk)

Then do all the boring stuff, like defragging e.t.c

Then if you still are having probalems try editing the .ini (there's a link on the main Morrowind boards on what to edit and any other tips it tells you to do.

Really Morrowind has major problems, nothing it seems can truely make the game run perfect, but there are some steps to make it better, the .ini was the best help for my sluggish gameplay, not perfect but about 80% better.

Hope this helps.

Comment

It does look like your system is fine, but read the Morrowind guide wayout44 suggested and read this guide (assuming you ahve windows xp)

Comment

Originally posted by KoolDrew
          It does look like your system is fine, but read the Morrowind guide wayout44 suggested and read this guide (assuming you ahve windows xp)

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=324
          i already read that guide i tried the fps thing and other stuff i checked teh hard drive thing laso an defragged my system like 40 times and i just in satleld my os again and i instaleld morrowind and i got the year edition but those pathces doesnt help in nothing

Comment

Working...
          X