Whats the holdup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the holdup ?

I can only get 110FSB outta my 1000mhz tbird ! ( 10x110 = 1100mhz )

Heres what I have:

1GHz AMD Tbird (200MHz FSB)
    MSI K7T266 Pro2 w/USB 2.0
    1024MB Micron DDR RAM
    Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti500
    Plextor 16x12x40 CDRW
    350W PSU
    SB Live Value
    MS Intellimouse Explorer ( USB )

I've got a GW Fop-38 with Delta as well

I can get it to boot at about 1170 but my mouse lazer thingy starts to flicker in windows I think thats my USB cutting out... I've tried upping the voltage but it doesn't help at all :( 1150 will hold till I do some intense gaming then it freezes. Anything over 1100 will do the same it just takes longer...

Anything I should try? Some secret OC trick passed down through generations of 386 OC'ing ??

Help me ! :confused: :confused:

GW FOP38's are ok for PIII cooling but they won't really cut it when it comes to overclockin' Athlons. Try one of the newer copper HSF's around and that will probably help along with so ASII or AS3 paste.
    Also how well does ya case breathe too? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Remember not all processors are as overclockable as others... The Athlons already run fairly hot - I couldn't get much higher than that when I used an Athlon 1GHz either.
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

good point Mr. Tweak. When I first got my t-bird 1Ghz I couldn't get more than a 100mhz overclock. Finally had to put the water on it.

Comment

I've had almost no success with fsb overclocking and relied almost totally on the multiplier side of things....the best fsb O/C was 109Mhz on the old Tbird 1100 on a MSI K7TPro mobo....but I had a dicky harddrive which didn't like the pci-ide bus increases at all......It could be your probs are NOT cpu related but some of the peripherals being a bit difficult......if you've got the parts (or can borrow them) try changing a few things to see if it makes a difference.....like I said I cursed and swore at my old cpu and mobo and the problem all along was a dicey hdd....

Comment

I must have just had a good processor then. Before I went to an XP, my AVIA 1000MHz chip would run 100% stable at 1400MHz.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X