GF3 Ti500 or GF4 Ti4400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF3 Ti500 or GF4 Ti4400?

Is the extra few dollars worth the Ti400? I am seeing totaly different reviews. One says that the Ti500 is just the same at lower resolutions and some say they are not....

I have seen that the ti4400 is faster at high reolutions but I would never use anything higher than 1028x786....

errrm...maybe I might!?!?! :)

I'd spend the extra dollars personally.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

gosh darn it..... I hate upgrading CPU's and Video Cards. Everytime I round it down to 2...and finally decide which one to get ..which is always the higher one...I always jump up another notch and start all over with the "decesion" process :)

Comment

You are Performance Hungry - Nothing wrong with that! :)
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ha! That is not what my wife says!

Comment

If you can afford the entry fee, then spend the extra dollars now for a GF4 board. There are already a huge amount of games getting ready to hit the streets this year that are finally going to utilize the pixel shading capabilities of the GF3/GF4 line, and the quality of the GF4 is better by far than the older sibling.

Also consider that with the GF4 TI boards, you can now use FSAA with a minimal performance hit. This means beautiful graphics at very playable frame rates.

Just my two cents worth.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

well, thanks guys. I Have a PNY retail/with the glasses TI4400 On it's way. Cost me $277.00 Shipped with insurance. It should be here by Thursday.

Comment

Let us know ya impressions of it when it's in. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hbidad
                  Is the extra few dollars worth the Ti400? I am seeing totaly different reviews. One says that the Ti500 is just the same at lower resolutions and some say they are not....

I have seen that the ti4400 is faster at high reolutions but I would never use anything higher than 1028x786....

errrm...maybe I might!?!?! :)

You bet its worth the extra

Comment

Well, I got it! Very impressed indeed! .......

I just had to mention upgrading CPU's....I now have a 1900+ on its way!....

My wife says thanks Mr. Tweak for creating a place to encourage me to spend money! :) j/k

Comment

Believe me, Mr Tweak knows how to get you to spend money, and i work for him :)

Comment

Might as well go all out. get a G4 Ti 4600. It's worth the extra $$.

Comment

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference....not for a long time...the ti4400 is a good piece of gear....

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbugger
                            You wouldn't be able to tell the difference....not for a long time...the ti4400 is a good piece of gear....
                            indeed!....and with the ability to quite easily overclock to ti4600 level, well, need i say more?

Comment

Working...
                            X