Dropping From Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping From Games

I have an athlon 2600+ Mobile at 2.5ghz on an abit nf7-s II with 512 mb of ram. Its been very stable for the last 5 months or so but lately i've been dropping from WC3 games and sometimes the game will just crash. I have a thermal probe in the processor and it generally is at 48 to 50 degrees under a load. Is something else possibly overheating? Or is it something else entirely? Thanx

Try bumping down the OC or adding 0.025v

Comment

Hey... I had similar problems with my mobile after the burn-in was complete. Towards the end of school my temps began to rise small amounts... I would normally idle around 40 but then I was idling @ around 45. Eventually it got so bad that I would run at 2.2GHz rather than my normal 2.4. I dind't know exaclty what caused this, but I knew that with 3 intake fans things are bound to get clogged up. So i did a VERY thorough cleaning of EVERY component in my case. I even soaked my HS in water to clean between the fins. Rather than buying tons of air i just hooked up my air compressor. I was shocked to see my temps fall right back down to where they were at before. I would recomend trying that first and if you see no impovement then amd_man has got the solution covered.

Comment

Re: Dropping From Games

Dr_Sharp is right about the amount of dust that can collect on your rig but I'm not sure that temp are causing your drops from wc3. Are you playing roc or tft? When I play dota I get some random drops, about 1 out 20. My set-up is similar to your : mobile 2500(running 2.6 @ 45), nf7-s r2, and kingston hyper x 1 gig. I'm not sure of the cause but I think my drop have something to do with the moded games. Btw I can play Far Cry for hours with out a problem so I'm not sure it's the rig.

Comment

Re: Dropping From Games

It would be good to see if it does that in any other games as well.

Comment

Working...
          X