Ram compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram compatibility

I have recently decided that my 384 mb of SD ram 100hz is no adequate in the least and am interested in upgrading by at least 256mb. However, these days SD ram 100 is prohibitively expensive, costing only slightly less for than to scrap it and start over with SD ram 133. My only other option is to buy 256 mb of 133 on the cheap. What I would like to know is if these two memory types are (by and large) compatible with one another. Thanks for your time.

Re: Ram compatibility

Yes, they should work fine together. Since you seem to be running at the 100MHz FSB speed, it will just underclock the PC133. But to be hinest, your results will likely not be that much better. You might be better off saving your money and doing an upgrade that will make use of DDR memory. Just food for thought.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Another question then, is SD PC 100 server memory compatible with with regular SD PC 100?

Comment

I've never heard of "server memory" so can't say... unless it is registered (ECC) type? If so then stay away from it. Otherwise I'de need to see a link to the product in question to know exactly what we're talking about here.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X