Wireless keyboard and mouse + games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless keyboard and mouse + games

I want to buy a new keyboard and a new mouse, the Logitech MX500 mouse and the Elite keyboard but there is something I need to know. If I buy the combo (MX DUO) with the mouse and the keyboard I will save allot of money, but the combo is wireless. If someone have any experience with it please give me some advice.
    I want to know if it is bad for games and how long the batteries will last?

Re: Wireless keyboard and mouse + games

It should be decent for games, but wired is always better for gaming than wireless.

Comment

I too have been checking up on wireless keyboards since I've been considering them myself. While gaming may suffer a bit, the difference is usuallt very slight. Unless you're a competitive gamer you'll likely do just fine with the wireless as long as you're within 3-5 feet of the receiving hub. Most of the reviews I've seen complain more of getting used to the added weight of the mouse instead of its accuracy.

As to battery life, with the MX Duo your mouse is rechargeable and sits in the receiving hub to be recharged. Since it uses the newer NiMH batteries, you should have no problems sitting it in the charging hub every night or every other night, depending on your level of use. They've been saying that a normal usage over an eight hour work day won't take the mouse down to under half charge. The keyboard uses regular alkaline AA size batteries and have a normal life of betweem 2.5 - 3 months.
      Oh, and the MX Duo comes with the MX700 mouse, not the MX500. I've been looking at either this one or maybe the bluetooth version. Undecided but will likely get one of the two so far unless something better comes up on the market.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Hi,

I have the Wireless Microsoft Desktop Elite SE for close to 7 months now and it is just brilliant with games like unreal tournament 2004, farcry etc, no Hicups on mouse or keyboard and I am still using my first set of batteries that it came with.
        I hope that helps?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X