No announcement yet.

Can someone recommend RAM for this set-up please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone recommend RAM for this set-up please!

Afternoon all,
    This is my first rig build & I need some advice on what RAM to use with this processor & motherboard:

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
    Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHZ 800FSB SKT478 512Kb Cache

Ideally I want 1g of RAM, two sticks of 512mb. I have no other requirements, just that it's compatible, fast & has good heat sinking. Money isn't too much of a problem, so if you can recommend a few different types i'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,
    Daz

Re: Can someone recommend RAM for this set-up please!

Well, if you really have money burning a hole in your pocket, check out some of Corsair's stuff.

Personally, I'm running some PC3200 Kingston ValuRAM in my Abit IS7-E. Kingston also has some higher-end HyperX DDR as well. If you're not going to OC and tweak the hell out of that setup, I'd say go for the ValuRAM. No heatspreaders, but if you're not going to OC, they're really not going to be a problem.

Comment

For good RAM at a good price, a couple sticks of this Geil would be really nice. However, if you want really good RAM (at a price) this Corsair is the just about the best PC3200 you can get.

Comment

It depends if you wish to o/c and how much money you are willing to spend.

Geil PC4000 Ultra (which i have) are good for o/c. However, if you are not that interested in o/c then something like the Corsair PC3200XLL (i think thats what they are called) with tight timings are good.

Best thing is to decide what one of the above your aiming for, set a budget then search for what memory is in your price range then search for reviews and comments online.

OCZ are meant to be good but are a bit expensive

Comment

Good article with a list of latest low latency memory modules.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2145

Comment

Working...
          X