Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM compatibilty with MOBO

Ok. I have to be sure.

that is my mobo. It says "Supports Dual-Channel DDR266/333/400 memory". Now does this mean Dual channel only and the max for that is PC3200? Or does it mean the mobo can't take any higher than PC3200 and if any higher than PC3200 it will be capped to PC3200. Or does it mean squat and if I put in the PC4000 BH-5 rams I'm planning to get and overclock the processor and RAMs, it would work like normal as if it is compatible with PC4000, unlike wat it says in the manual n website.

Edit:
    BTW, I know one of you already told me it';s possible but you didn't explain wat the manual or site was talking bout when it says only compatible to PC3200 highest.

Re: RAM compatibilty with MOBO

I wasn't aware that any of the manufacturers were using BH5 modules in their PC4000 line of memory, but these are still about the best modules around for overclocking. You may find, however, that you will have better luck with some PC3500 with the BH5 modules as you can many times set the memory timings at a more aggressive level and still maintain stability.

As to the compatibility, it will work fine. When a mainboard gives you supported memory ratings, it is telling you what it will officially support and does not take into consideration overclocking. As long as your mainboard offers the ability to adjust the settings for FSB and voltage settings, you should be able to overclock and make use of more than just PC3200 memory.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

It can run toher then dual chanel. And you will be able to run over PC3200. I wouldn't really suggest PC4000. You might be able to get something better in PC3500

EDIT: I type slow...darth covered it all

Comment

Opps. not PC4000, I was also looking at PC4000 and BH-5, and I got confused. Sorry lol

Comment

At least I know now that I haven't been sleeping through the good stuff.

Go with the memory using the BH5 modules then. They overclock well and withstand even the harshest of memory timings with a much greater chance of stability.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Ok. Let's hope I win em.

Comment

NVM, this post. SRRY
              Last edited by jd53887; 07-29-2004, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X