diskeeper lite issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diskeeper lite issue

I have uncounted an odd problem with diskeeper lite running on windows 2000 with the NTFS file system, on about 50% of the PC's when i click on analyze or defrag, nothing happens... diskeeper just freezes, any ideas how to resolve this?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The only difference i know between the working and non working machines is that fact that the ones that are not working were upgraded from NT 4 to 2k, the ones that are working were clean installs.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Gary</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>

Re: diskeeper lite issue

have you tried uninstalling it from the system and reinstalling it under windows 2000? a lot of apps get broken during OS upgrades and often have to be reinstalled..

if you are using an older version of diskeeper make sure its win2k compatible. Also beware that the pro/workstation edition of diskeeper cannot be installed on a server.

Comment

DK lite was never installed under NT, we have just started to install it on the 2k machines ( but yes, we tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, we even ran the permissions setting batch file etc.. to no avail ).
      The version of DK lite were are using is the latest one as far as I am aware, version 7.xx

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

take a look at these:

it sounds like the event log service must be set to automatic for the install to work. also i believe you may need to upgrade to Windows installer 2.0 for the install to work..

Comment

I have had a similar problem. Diskeeper lite installed with no problems under windows 2000, but when you run the program it just refuses to analyze or defrag and the buttons become greyed out i have checked the services for DK lite and they seem to be configured correctly. Mine to were upgraded from windows nt and i think it is here where the problem occurs.

Comment

You might just upgrade to Diskeeper Pro. I like it better. Here's a link with some info on it:

I got it a few months ago and I'm quite happy with it.

Comment

that would work yes, but the idea of using disk keeper lite is so i dont have to pay for it ;)

Comment

Working...
              X