Memory Timings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Timings

I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind helping me with memory timings?

I've got cheap RAM but I wanna get the most out of it, never done any RAM timings before... is that the reason for my 8k 3D Mark 2001 score??

Re: Memory Timings

I'd say your system is getting about right for 3DMark 01, but I'm not entirely sure...

Just read through this two articles (they're fairly short) and you sohuld have an okay idea what to do:

Comment

So basically just play around with the timings till you get something fast and stable?
      2.5-2-2-5 seems to be pretty fast, is this optimal for me? CAS 2 just crashes :(
      http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6679645
      Last edited by Juggalo_Dan; 08-21-2004, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Play around with the last number (tRAS) as the other numbers won't be going any lower. As the article mentions, tRAS should be no lower than CAS + tRCD + 2. In your case, it needs to be at least 2.5 + 2 + 2, ot 6.5. You'll have to round that up, so keep it at 7 or higher. I don't know if any specifc number beyond that will have the best performance, but keep raising it and testing. SANDRA, as used in that article, would be a good tool for this.

Comment

It can only be set to 5 or 6 on this board... Timings are a bit strange on this board.
          and 2.5-2-2-5/6 Are both running pretty much the same.

Comment

You're sure tRAS can only be set at five or six? That's odd... Leave it at six, I guess.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm sure... but yeah system is much faster now that I set the timing manually. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                As the article mentions, tRAS should be no lower than CAS + tRCD + 2. In your case, it needs to be at least 2.5 + 2 + 2, ot 6.5.
                If this were true, 2-2-2-5 wouldn't be possible and alittle guy called BH-5 would be non-existant...

Comment

Who said anything about it being impossible? It's just better to have it there...

Comment

I wish i could manually set my ram timings.. stupid motherboard

Comment

Working...
                    X