Cyrix 333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrix 333

Ok dont laugh, but i have a Cyrix 333 and I was thinking about overclocking it. I wanted to know if anyone else has tried it, and if so how did it do?

Thank You
    IO_303

I had a Cyrix 300 in my first machine, and I believe the multiplier is locked. It's been a long time, and I never got it higher. Bump up the FSB and voltage. Have fun...

Comment

shouldnt be locked,
      those are the procs that made overclocking mainstream

go for the multiplier,
      if its locked it wont make a diference,

the fsb will give you a higher overall speed but also causes stability issues,

go for a 75mhz fsb and bump the multiplier,

increase the volatge as well

i see an easy 200mhz gain
      300mhz with proper cooling

Comment

Your Cyrix 333 is probably running at 250MHz ...either 3*83 or 2.5*100.....The multiplier shouldn't be locked......The best I could stably do for my old pr 333 (250=3*83) was 4*66 or 266MHz but because the bus speed was that much lower the whole outcome was slower. I did get to 292 (3.5*83) but wouldn't get into windows at all.....make sure you've got reasonable cooling...any of the new celeron/duron hsf's should be OK.

You will need a mobo that will let you fiddle with the fsb and multipliers...probably by jumper given the vintage......and they probably won't be documented that well either.....

Have a look at Motherboard.org for your model and see if you can get the mobo jumper specs from the manufacturer's site....

Good luck

Comment

I had a Pentium II 333 slot 1 and I got it overclock to a 400mhz. It had the clock-lock on it. I wish it did'nt. Now I have my 866 with the same board.

:thumb:

Comment

A universe of difference there between a PII and a Cyrix. :rolleyes2
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X