CMOS jumper wont work ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMOS jumper wont work ???

I have a K7S6A mobo and I pushed it little to far. I tried to clear the cmos with the jp1 jumper but it wont work! I pulled the battery and got the thing booting up but wtf. Any thoughts??

I dont really know about that mobo, but on mine (one below) just taking the CMOS jumper out is not enough, you have to put on the other two pins i.e if it came from pins 1 + 2 then to reset u wud need to put it on pins 2 + 3. Thats just my mobo....

Comment

Yes i did change the jumper to short pins 2 & 3 then returned the jumper to 1 & 2. It will not work. I let it set for 15 min (on pins 2/3) and nothing. Pulling the battery is the only way I can clear the cmos. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Sound like a defect, at least taking the battery out works.
        I did have a board once that you had to change the jumper, power up, powerdown change the jumper back

Comment

BUT READ THE MANUAL FIRST
          don't blow up your board!

Comment

One more thought, I've seen a couple "jumpers" with no conectors in them, just a plastic cap, you might want to check for continuity

Comment

just a thought, on some mobo you have to unplug the power lead before you short the pins,

Comment

generally when the clear cmos jumper is shoerted, u push the power-button, and nothing appears to happen, thats when the bios is cleared, change the cap back, and u'll b rite

Comment

Working...
                X