Win98 Network Setup Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98 Network Setup Help

All but one computers in my office has WinXP Pro. This last computer is Win982E. I bought an ethernet PCI card and cable long enough to connect this computer to our Cisco hub. After installing the driver and software, I tried configuring the IP address, Subnet Mask, Preferred DNS Server, etc. but I couldn't find where '98 lets you configure all these numbers. Can anyone help???

Gary Olson

Re: Win98 Network Setup Help

Assuming the card has been set up properly, there should be a Network Neighborhood icon on the desktop. You can right click on that and go to Properties, which will bring up a menu similar to the XP network config menu.

Otherwise, check for Network settings somewhere in the Control Panel.

Comment

Re: Win98 Network Setup Help

Thanks. I didn't realize that there are three different tabs to add all the appropriate #'s in Win98SE (ie; default gateway, subnet mask, ip address, etc). Tech support for the card's manufacturer walked me thru this and she's workin' like a charm. (Slow as the crock-pot though because it's my partner's computer and it's 5 years old and never been reformated. Hell, she's never even done a windows update or defrag!)

Comment

Working...
      X