re WinXP Home/Lexmark printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re WinXP Home/Lexmark printer

I would like to post a question/problem with my LexmarkZ35 printer. Could you please direct me in which forum I could post this? I will check back in this Global Forum for your answer. Thanks.

Re: re WinXP Home/Lexmark printer

thread moved

Comment

And the question is?

Comment

I just changed my ink cartridge and cannot print anything as the message I am getting is "the Lexmark printer is not installed". I have never uninstalled it, and prior to changing the ink cartridge it was printing fine. The printer is still listed under Start/Programs/Accessories, but when I try to Uninstall it from either location, (to try reinstalling it again) the response is: "the LexmarkZ35 printer is not installed". It is also listed under Add/Remove Programs as two entries - "Lexmark Supplies Monitor" and "LexmarkZ35" but I get the same response when I try to Remove it.
        I don't know if this would have any bearing on the problem, but sometime ago in Task Manager, I did an End Process on 2 applications - LEXPPS.exe and LEXBCES.exe (since the printer was not being used regularly I thought it would be OK to remove these). There is still an application LXSUPMON.exe running in Task Manager (I have not disabled that entry). I believe these are all associated with my LexmarkZ35 printer.
        How can I get the printer to perform again? Many thanks for any help.

Comment

What operating system are you using?
          Have you tried restarting those 2 processes?
          Have you tried to reinstall the drivers?

Comment

Wayout44 - thanks for ur reply. What is the "operating system"?. I've got WinXP Home desktop pc if that helps. I do not know how to restore those two programs (LEXPPS.exe/LEXBCES.exe) to Task Manager (if that's part of the problem??)...can you help me with this please? Also how do I get the new drivers? I need to have my printer up and running again. Thanks so much.

Comment

Hi Wayout: have u got any answers for getting my Lexmark printer back on track?
              or does anyone else on this board? Thanks.

Comment

The simplest thing to do would be to reinstall the drivers. You'll first want to uninstall the old set before you do this, though. Click START and you should be able to find an option for "Printers". Find your printer and right click the icon, then choose to uninstall it. Reboot the machine and see if WinXP automatically finds the printer and reinstalls drivers for it. If not, then use the driver disk that came with the printer to reinstall them. If you do not have this, then go to the Lexmark site and download the appropriate drivers for your printer.

Good luck.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Working...
                X