Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im having problems with my network!!!

hey all,

last night i was tryin to open a port then my pc lock up then i had to reboot the pc then when i want back to the router settings page everything was gone + the ports,

now im having a problem setting everything back up b/c u know the status page on linksys i get 10. something ip but that isnt my isp ip so...i plug in my winxp system right to the modem i get that same 10. ip but when i hook my win98se system up to the modem i get the right ip so..i dont know what is goin on and i want to the live linksys support they didnt know how to fixed it so..i came here

i hope u understand what im sayin

Re: im having problems with my network!!!

OK... we need a couple things here:

- Modem / router model
    - IP range of your computers (10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or something)
    - Whether you have set static or dynamic IP addresses on your computers... (Obtain automatically vs putting an adress in yourself)

Comment

after i post last night i got everything fixed LOL but thx for your reply =)

Comment

So let everyone know what the problem ended up being and how it was rectified.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

i had to type in the mac adderss from my win98se system into the router settings then everything started working again

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It might be helpful to someone else who comes across the same issue.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X