help with setting up raid ata / serial ata connectors plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with setting up raid ata / serial ata connectors plz

hi all, this is my first post so go steady !!!

ive just purchased an asus a8v mobo and athlon64 cpu, and i have the facility to use raid etc.

my old pc had a 60gig hd and 2 x 120 gig hard drives along with dvd rom, cd writer and dvd writer, and all i used was ide cables.

can anyone assist me in setting these up using the sata raid gadgets i have on my new mobo plz.

or even link me to a site with some 'dummy guides'

cheers ****er92

Re: help with setting up raid ata / serial ata connectors plz

i think your talking about the K8v mb ? if so i just completed building 2 and set them up in sata(raid0 and 1). do you have the mb manual?. the only error i found in the instructions was which sata connectors to use for the promise vs. the via controllers (or i'm still not reading it right). are you using sata hds ?if you are using the old ide drives you must use the promise controller and btw if you are , you will be limited to the 60 gb size in the array. extracting the sata raid drivers from the asus cd is pretty straightforward just copy the 2 folders that show as "makedisk" icons to the floppy.if you don't have the manual or cd the asus site has downloads for this mb.enjoy the build !
    Last edited by megawat; 09-11-2004, 11:20 AM. Reason: clariyy setup

Comment

Working...
    X