No announcement yet.

Suggestions for getting Flash games to run better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for getting Flash games to run better?

Does anyone have any idea how I can get flash games to run better on my system? It's weird, they run slower on this computer than on the old 300mhz.

Ok, this system isn't much better than that but I would have though flash games wouldn't run WORSE.

Aptiva - AMD Athlon K6 3D processor (IBM says it's 500 mhz, but it's closer to 430)
    252mb RAM
    Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222
    ESS Solo-1 PCI Audio Drive
    ADMtek AN983 10/100mbps Fast Ethernet Driver.

Any have any suggestions?

Re: Suggestions for getting Flash games to run better?

I don't know what you could do to make them run better, but I bet the problem is you have extremely crappy video on the K6, and only really crapppy video on the other one. I suppose you could throw a PCI video card in and see if it's faster.

Comment

Forgot to put my video card. Disabled the onboard video that came with this board and put in a PCI Radeon 7000

Comment

You may want to try the Win98 SE Sevice Pack 1.6.2 to see if that helps but how much system memory do you have in it?

Comment

How could I forget the unofficial service pack? That's a must-have for any 98 system.
          Originally posted by mharbourgirl
          Aptiva - AMD Athlon K6 3D processor (IBM says it's 500 mhz, but it's closer to 430)
          252mb RAM
          Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222
          ESS Solo-1 PCI Audio Drive
          ADMtek AN983 10/100mbps Fast Ethernet Driver.
          There's the RAM for you. I doubt his RAM is really a major problem.

When you put the Radeon in there, did you download and install the latest Catalysts from ATI?

Comment

252MB doesn't add up though (it would if 4MB was for onboard video use but it ain't). :p
            Last edited by wayout44; 09-24-2004, 01:59 AM.

Comment

I just figured he had a typo or erroneously thought it was 252 instead of 256...

Comment

Ok, to answer a few posts on one, that would be 'she'. :)

I can't remember off-hand why it's 252mb of ram, because I'm still pretty sick with this rotten cold. There is a reason, but it escapes me.

I'm pretty sure my OS is updated as far as it can be, but I'll check out that link, gotta be worth a try.

And yes, I update my video drivers and Catalyst from ATI regularly.

I did try one thing today: I downloaded and installed Mozilla and noticed a big difference in the speed of most Flash games that I like to play. :) Ok, not a HUGE difference, but noticeable. Figures that IE is a system pig like all Microsoft products.

Thoughts?

Comment

Its an unnofficial update, but try it. IT's necessary even if your OS is updated

Comment

One more thing: regarding the odd 252 mb of RAM, I have disabled the onboard video on the processor, but it didn't give me back the extra 4mb of RAM devoted to that. Never could figure out why.

Comment

Working...
                    X