Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Temps

Whats a good case temp ?

Mine usally sits at about 35C and doesn't go any higher. Ambiant is about 22C at most times.

nothing to worry about - but it could be better

a blow hole or two in the top of your case would help (if you haven't got one already)

Comment

My case temp is 27C ambiant 23C no extra case fans/blowholes...

Comment

Originally posted by cypher
        My case temp is 27C ambiant 23C no extra case fans/blowholes...

sure....:p

Comment

Mine normally sits at either 28C or 29C depending on load... and I DO have some fannage going on inside the case. 2x Sunon 42.5CFM for intake and another two for exhaust.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Case temps and ambient temps are good to know. But could you also post what brand/model of case. That is a important factor imo

Mine
            case chieftec DX-01bd
            atm case 31 ambient 24, @30% load

Case evercase e425wefa
            atm case 27 ambient 24 @40% load

Comment

Sorry... used to the old timers here who know what my rig has. I have been using the Antec SX1030 case for about 2 years now. It is also posted in all of my sink reviews under the Testing heading.
              My Toys

Comment

in your opinion do you think that alu cases make a difference in temp ? I've heard it does, but i've never tested...too poor for an alu case

Comment

I don't think that aluminum would make much difference, but placement of fan bays would. I mean, it's not like the metal is directly dissipating any heat or anything like that.

But since aluminum cases are normally a bit on the pricey side, it is wholly possible that the manufacturers of these cases put more time into planning for the built-in cooling bays and standard fans. Hot spots are what create mist internal heating problems in cheap cases, so good placement is crucial.
                  My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                    Sorry... used to the old timers here who know what my rig has. I have been using the Antec SX1030 case for about 2 years now. It is also posted in all of my sink reviews under the Testing heading.
                    Darthtanion, have you done the smoke test on your sx1030? I have a sim case and wonder about hot spots. I have the same sunon fans and my temps are bit higher 29 idel, 39 load.

Comment

No. I haven't done a smoke test on my case. I haven't felt that the temperatures I get are in need of improvement at the time.

As for your results being so varied, that seems a bit strange. But I have other cooling as well (chipset, GPU, etc...), so that may lend to the more stable results.

Also, take a look at the positioning of your case fans. Sometimes the placement isn't quite right, so it doesn't get the full effect of the monster fans that you install.
                      My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                        I don't think that aluminum would make much difference, but placement of fan bays would. I mean, it's not like the metal is directly dissipating any heat or anything like that.

But since aluminum cases are normally a bit on the pricey side, it is wholly possible that the manufacturers of these cases put more time into planning for the built-in cooling bays and standard fans. Hot spots are what create mist internal heating problems in cheap cases, so good placement is crucial.
                        yes, better to buy a cheap steel case and mod it then to buy an expensive aluminium case and not even get to enjoy the fun of modding it.

Comment

Working...
                        X