Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock, Horror, Amazement - Nvidia Buys AMD

hope this is a jokeShock, Horror, Amazement - Nvidia Buys AMD

It is a joke - I doubt nVidia would have enough money to buy out AMD anyway.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

i have to agree but when i first read the title, it sure made my heart skip a beat lol. till i thought about it and came to the same conclusion u did , AMD getting nvidia maybe nut nvidia buying AMD naaaa lol. But then what do i know- i once bought a k-2 processor lol

Comment

Also look at the date it was posted. april 1st ;)

Comment

I think that one did the rounds last year too.......

Comment

NO! it really happened. THe CEO of AMD and the CEO of nVidia were playing Monopoly and the CEO of AMD landed on Board walk when the CEO of nVidia had two hotels on it. The CEO of AMD had nothing of value other than his company, AMD, so in a drunken madness papers were signed and... viola... they say by next week the GF4 XP is gonna have a 400Mhz core clock, but marketing has already decided to call it a GF4 XP500 for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
              It is a joke - I doubt nVidia would have enough money to buy out AMD anyway.
              I'd say your right, but, Nvidia is doing very well for themselves. Nearly every computer bought these days has an Nvidia Vid card in it...whereas AMD, they really only do well in the tweaker/enthuesiest area....and as amazing is may sound, I believe Intel still dominate the CPU market, even though they're products are expensive and often poor performing next to an ADM

but i wouldn't know:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus
                I believe Intel still dominate the CPU market, even though they're products are expensive and often poor performing next to an ADM

but i wouldn't know:confused:
                the reason why intel still has more market share is because the general public only KNOW the name Intel, they probably thing amd is some intel take off or something :?:
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Oh OK, the CEO of nVidia had three hotels on boardwalk, that explains it.

Comment

One reason y intel dominate is becus they advertise, i just saw 3 P4 adverts on TV, within the space of an hour. I cant say i eva seen an advert for a AMD cpu, well not on tv ne way. How do they expect ppl to know and then but their cpus if no one knows about them.

Comment

i wouldnt think the adds would make much of a difference. most the customers i get buyig a computer are looking for speed vs price for any CPU, or whatever their so called "expert" neighbour tells em to get, which is usually along the lines of a P2 cause they havent seen a new computer for years.

Comment

Intel doesn't advertise on TV to get people to buy it, they advertise so when those people get a quote on a PC, and then see the Intel name brand they feel more comfortable. Intel sells to "old money" PC makers (Dell) that have been dealing with them for years, but they really cant be considered old money since the evolution of the PC market has only be achieved over the past 15-ish years. Intel is big, people buy big, because they dont know of anything else.

Comment

Working...
                        X