College networking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College networking

Well, its the time in life when you finally move on into the "real" world. College.
    Anyways, due to the network security, any p2p programs will fail to work. Basically, the download speeds have dropped to 1-2 kb a sec... taking bitornado for example, the light is green, thus there is no firewall limiting the download. Can i do anything about this? or will i have to suffer for another year?

Re: College networking

College isn't the 'real' world, trust me...
    There likely is a firewall in place, as well as few other security messures, or the College's IT department should be drawn and quartered. There isn't much you can do about it, so just save your extracurricular downloading for the summer months. Or perhaps you could see if the college offers a class on patience?

Comment

Re: College networking

Originally posted by tuxfreak
      College isn't the 'real' world, trust me...
      There likely is a firewall in place, as well as few other security messures, or the College's IT department should be drawn and quartered. There isn't much you can do about it, so just save your extracurricular downloading for the summer months. Or perhaps you could see if the college offers a class on patience?
      Pretty much. I would get similar problems with some programs (mainly Bittorent) on Cable with a router if it weren't for port forwarding, which is going to be pretty hard for you to do on a college T1 line or whatever you have...

Comment

Working...
      X