How do I improve vooodoo3 3000 FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I improve vooodoo3 3000 FPS?

Well, recently i changed my os to win2k and it seems that i have lost the performance from using win98 with voodoo3 3000. i have downloaded the lastest driver but it doesn't seem to be the same. on win98 i used to get 71 fps but after switching to win2k i got stuck around 30 fps....help needed

Generally it has been noted that Win 2K is just not up to par with Win 98 when it comes to gaming.
    You could try tweak utilities and registry hacks, but you are not likely to equal the FPS you had before. Should be able to increase it some though.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:laugh: :laugh: where'd ya get that "spelling inspected......"

oh oh oh, im lol'g so hard i can't see the k/b.

C ya got the for the week....... :thumb:

Comment

and pop in to the pile of caca I created...... bring that sig with ya.

Talk about a show stopper.......:laugh: :laugh: you swoop us all.....:thumb:

Comment

might be a good time to take advantage of NVidia's trade in program for Voodoo 3/4/5 owners.. I think they give you like $30 off on the purchase of a Geforce 2/3 card.. It might be US only promotion but I remeber seeing it somewhere online..

wait here it is: http://www.pny.com/home/products/get_verto.cfm

Comment

If you're dead keen on holding onto that Voodoo 3 (like me!) try searching for the HSR (hidden surface removal) registry hack. It's a feature off the Voodoo 5 drivers (which are compatible with the VD3 by the way), but I seem to recall when 3dfx existed, there was a hack that made it available to VD3 users. I tried it, and got 10-15FPS extra. But since then, I've had to reinstall windows and everything a coupla times, and so couldn't be bothered as it wasn't that much of a difference....
            Onyx

TweakTown
            OCAU - Overclockers Australia
            CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Onyx - thanks for the info:thumb:
              I'd be for giving that a try when I track it down.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Soz I couldn't be more specific as to where to find it... Try all these hardware sites - it's bound to come up. ;)
                Onyx

TweakTown
                CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

It appears Voodoo Files has some promising looking 3rd party drivers.

Some do have HSR incorporated. There you can find drivers for ME, Win2K and XP also.
                  I've got a couple DL'd, but won't get around to testing for a while due to my personal commitment to UD.

If anyone has any experience with any of these 3rd party drivers for the 3DFX 3 3000 under Win 98 SE I'd sure appreciate hearing about it. :?:

Comment

I have a voodoo 3 2000.... using the beta drivers with HSR is fine, jsut make sure you already have an existing copy of 3dfxman etc installed cos the third part drivers dont include them... ive never been able to get win2k/xp drivers for the v3 working, so im going to geforce 3 next wednesday :)
                    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

With respect, why the hell would you keep a voodoo graphics card anyway?? Nvidia graphics cards are cheap and far superior nowadays. Its a bit like hanging on to an old XT PC, just because of the memories..... Move with the times, trade in and move up. 3DFX have had their day, and unfortuantely, lost out to Nvidia. Pitty, as the competition was good.:afro:

Comment

Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold on fellas.

I have a V3 3000 and i am running Win2k just fine! Well i do have a 1.2 Thundy and 256 ddr, but that is beside the point :D
                        For the V3 it all depends on your proc, they are really proc dependant, and what mode you are running in, if it is OpenGL you need to get the MiniGL drivers, which can be a pain i know. Let me know if you need any help doing that, and oh yeah the V3s are easy to overclock if ya got some cooling that can boost fps quite a bit...ahh...the game also matters, like what kind of modes it likes to run in and once you find out there should be tons of tweaks you can do in the console. Let me know the specifics about your card and ill try and help you best i can!

:p

Comment

3DFX was the original 3D. Sure nVidia are popular now, but who will the history books remember? The pioneer of 3D graphics for PCs, or a company that belches out sucessive generations of crap every 6months?

My next upgrade will be ATI
                          Onyx

TweakTown
                          CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Big Hairy Jimbo
                            With respect, why the hell would you keep a voodoo graphics card anyway?? Nvidia graphics cards are cheap and far superior nowadays. Its a bit like hanging on to an old XT PC, just because of the memories..... Move with the times, trade in and move up. 3DFX have had their day, and unfortuantely, lost out to Nvidia. Pitty, as the competition was good.:afro:
                            It's called a "budget" Big Hairy Jimbo - If I can ever get that upgraded, it'll be Look out GPU - Here I come.

Till then, well - a poor man has poor ways:laugh:

Of course if you fella's wanna' pass around the hat................

Comment

Originally posted by Onyx
                              3DFX was the original 3D. Sure nVidia are popular now, but who will the history books remember? The pioneer of 3D graphics for PCs, or a company that belches out sucessive generations of crap every 6months?

My next upgrade will be ATI

Onyx,
                              If nVidia was "Crap", then I would wholeheartedly agree with your statement, but the fact of the matter is that not only is it the best GPU on the market, it also has by far the best driver support in the industry.

Besides, how many other graphics manufacturers do you know of who can even ATTEMPT to put out a new product every six months?
                              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                              My Toys

Comment

Working...
                              X