Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get seperat accounts with seperate mailboxs in Outlook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get seperat accounts with seperate mailboxs in Outlook?

Is it possible to have a seperate mailbox when you use more that 1 account on Microsoft Outlook or Express? All the mail from my new account floods into my wife mailbox and vice versa. There has to be a way to seperate this, right?
    Last edited by Spongebob; 09-30-2004, 10:57 AM.

Re: How do I get seperat accounts with seperate mailboxs in Outlook?

In outlook you can set it up to display a drop-down menu for you to choose which account to open. In OE you can go to File-->Identities-->Add New Identity. Once it is created you open up OE and go to File-->Switch Identity to go between the ones you have created.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
      In outlook you can set it up to display a drop-down menu for you to choose which account to open. In OE you can go to File-->Identities-->Add New Identity. Once it is created you open up OE and go to File-->Switch Identity to go between the ones you have created.

I donot see an option called identities under the file menu or anywhere alse in Outlook. I have the 2003 version.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

What you need to do is this, Close Outlook, on your desktop, right click on the outlook icon and choose "properties".

On the new screen, click on "show Profiles" and then click add and give it a name.

Now on the tick boxes choose "prompt for a profile to be used" and then click apply and ok.

Now when you start outlook it will ask which profile to actually use. All you need to do then is setup each profile ( i.e. add in your wifes email account settings to one profile and your email settings to the other profile )

Then your all set!

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary. I missed the response so didn't know he was still having problems.

BTW... the step by step I gave above is for Outlook Express since that is what most folks use. As explained by Gary, however, it can be accomplished in Outlook as well since that is what we use at work.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X