Tweaking internet speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaking internet speed

hi i'm new around here and i don't know that much about tweaking, altough i have much experience in hardware.

but my question is about how you speed up your internet conection, i read sume time ago it whas possible by changing sume text in a file or sumthing and i found sume apps to do it but they didn't realy worked, i gues i did sumting wrong but i don't seem to find those apps again so if sumone has them or knows where to find them pls post a link or whatever you thing that can help me speeding up my upload/download speed (transfer speed)

i saw screenshot going around who dedicated speeds of 10meg sec at cable line i whas like wtf ...

now i have ADSL duno if there is any chanse i can tweak my speed by edditing sume files pls help me out on this one
    Last edited by Rizl4; 10-04-2004, 02:28 PM.

Re: Tweaking internet speed

There once was a charitable organization called RIF (may even still be around), which stood for Reading Is Fundamental. With reading comes good spelling skills; which would be a huge help for those trying to read through your post. Please help us help you by learning to post in a more professional manner.

Regarding your question, check this out. This site has traditionally given very good information with regards to tweaking your broadband service to get the best possible speeds. Please note you'll need to have at least Java Virtual Machine or later installed on your system to use it since it does use a Java applet for testing.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

srry for my bad englisch i'm dutch, you guys always think everyone speaks fluent englisch but hey thx for the info

Comment

Your English isn't bad (it's pretty good, in fact), but I'm sure you guys capitalize words over there. Also, this is an online forum, not a chatroom; try to spell out words entirely.

There's also a TweakTown article still lying around in the archives, and much of it is still relevant.

Comment

Yes, there is a TT Guide on it. Just Click "Guides" on the homepage and there will be a list of them, I know its on there. Also, dont blame bad English for bad spelling-------I may be bad at Spanish, but I don't spell anything wrong, remember my accents (doesn't apply to English) and capitalize the words that need to.

Comment

Working...
          X