Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with building Test Beds for Diagnostics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with building Test Beds for Diagnostics?

Can anyone tell me if they have used or know anything about this new Test Bed that was advertised in some of the Forum pages recently, but I haven't seen it pop up lately? I think its called Test Station?

I am usually troubshooting my customers hard drives and /or hardware for defects , burnouts, etc and I had taken an old tower and used it , but its like working inside a sardine can. I saw this system offered and it looked good at the time, but I never purchased it

One of the biggest problems I had was that I built the test bed using left over, stray parts that customers never picked up, etc, and i made it dual boot 98/xp. I bought all round cables and left one hanging out thru a laser cut slot in the side of the case to attach HD'S to as a slave and I put about 30 programs (diagnostic) on both partitions, thinking this was the way to do my testing, but not only was it confining, but it seems I had problems from the start, not recognizing HD'S, freezing up when I put a bad slave on to test , etc, and I thought that the whole reason for the slave cable on a SEPARATE port was that it would not affect my operating systems or change any settings or try to install any drivers, but it seems like I constantly was resetting things

Is it possible that I missed something, in that it can't be done this way all the time, or maybe it was due to the drives being TOO new for the older mobo?

I need answers from anyone who might have experienced these problems and/or has advice on building a GOOD test bed, mostly to diagnose bad drives, but also to do other hardware, without affecting the info on the dual boot TEST drive

Thanks

pcfixer
Working...
X