video card help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card help

I have a PNY geforce FX 5200 128mb and i want ot up grade to somening better.I use my PC for mostly gameing. What do you guys recommend. .

Re: video card help

Depends... what kind of budget do you have at your disposal? There are choices ranging from a couple hundred bucks to about 600+, so give us an idea what you plan on spending for this project.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

You could actually get something for less than that and still be upgrading, but I'd agree that any worthwhile upgrade is going to cost you at least $200.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
        You could actually get something for less than that and still be upgrading, but I'd agree that any worthwhile upgrade is going to cost you at least $200.

im planning on spending about $$300-400 around that price range. because as i said i need it for mostly gaming and i want to be able to play everything no problem

Comment

That depends on what games you play. Your choices are basically the GeForce 6800GT or the X800Pro. For example, the GeForce 6800 would handle Doom 3 much better than the X800 Pro.

For the more educated choice, I'd suggest you take a look at some articles at Anandtech regarding video cards. Choose based on what games you play and how each car performs in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
            That depends on what games you play. Your choices are basically the GeForce 6800GT or the X800Pro. For example, the GeForce 6800 would handle Doom 3 much better than the X800 Pro.

For the more educated choice, I'd suggest you take a look at some articles at Anandtech regarding video cards. Choose based on what games you play and how each car performs in them.

Ok and while im deciding on my updrade ive decided to overclock my videocard so far i think ive done good not sure though first time overclocking lol my clock ratio was 250 and is now 300 and my memory ratio was 400 and is now 475. is this good or is there any better setting? im using coolbits to overclock.Oh and by the way i know its not relly worth overclocking this card i just want to do it for the heck of it ok. i still plan on upgrading very soon.
            Last edited by biggs; 10-19-2004, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Theres no need to overclock a 5200. That card is a piece of **** and overclocking will do very little to that.

Comment

Just go as high as the card can before you start to see artifacts. Even with a crappy card (especially with a crappy card), overclocking can still help, but it won't make the difference you need it to in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglee
                  Theres no need to overclock a 5200. That card is a piece of **** and overclocking will do very little to that.

I knoew someone was going to say that i already know that card sucks i did my reasearch on it i just wanted to overclock it for hahas no harm in doing it

Comment

Working...
                  X