Airflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airflow?

I just got my new case today and was wondering how to place the fans. There are 3 of them. One side fan, one rear, and one front fan. The case came with the side fan facing out(blowing outward). Should i have the rear fan blowing outward, and the front inward, or both outwart, both inward?

Nevermind, i found a nifty airflow guide

Comment

the one on the front should be intake(going in), same as the side one, difinitley have it blowing in. The one at the back should be Exhaust (sucking air out of the case). And the PSU fan blowing out aswell. This would give maximum cooling performance for you setup.

Comment

Thanks, i guess ill have to turn the side fan around :o

Comment

Hey flash;
          What kind of case and pwr supply did you end up getting. I believe we both are at similar stages in our computer building. I Went with a stripped down model Broadway case and a 350 watt pwr supply. I added a front and rear fan and will add a side if needed. Just curious.
          PS. Did you choose a motherboard or cpu yet?

Comment

350 watt Turbo case- http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...gory_Code=9bay
            Im ordering an epox 8kha+ w/ athlon xp 1800 RIGHT NOW :D

Comment

Very nice case. I really like the black and grey case. I bought a much cheaper case and will have to cut a hole in my side and put in a grill if I place a side fan. This is my first attempt at building a computer so I am sticking with a cheap case and cpu. I went with the duron 950 until I figure out the tricks to overclocking.
              By the way, I dont remember if it was you or not but somewhere in a previous thread I had a question whether I had a good pwr supply or not. I found out that a power supply for computers require a load and a control signal from a motherboard. So, without a motherboard, I cannot run or test my installed fans.

ps. I haven't yet verified this to be true yet, but I went to my local comp. repair shop and I conversed with what I belive to be a reliable source.

Comment

I dont remember asking that...I had the same situation though, so i tested out the fans on an old 250 watt pii system(just plug um in), just to make sure all the fans worked ;). BTW this is also my first attempt on building a computer :o.

Comment

Originally posted by Potatoe2
                  Very nice case. I really like the black and grey case. I bought a much cheaper case and will have to cut a hole in my side and put in a grill if I place a side fan. This is my first attempt at building a computer so I am sticking with a cheap case and cpu. I went with the duron 950 until I figure out the tricks to overclocking.
                  By the way, I dont remember if it was you or not but somewhere in a previous thread I had a question whether I had a good pwr supply or not. I found out that a power supply for computers require a load and a control signal from a motherboard. So, without a motherboard, I cannot run or test my installed fans.

ps. I haven't yet verified this to be true yet, but I went to my local comp. repair shop and I conversed with what I belive to be a reliable source.
                  it is true, you will not be able turn the powersupply on without it plugged onto a motherboard, unless.....you connect 2 of the pins together on the cable that goes the mobo. Check out http://www.speedy3d.com/articles/case_mod_p3/01.shtml for a good explaination :p

Comment

thats awsome, works like a charm :)

Comment

no problem : peace2:

Comment

Wow, it truly does work. This is very useful.
                        You have helped me too. Thanx.

Comment

Yup, that is the same way you go about hooking up two power supplies in the same computer...

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                            Yup, that is the same way you go about hooking up two power supplies in the same computer...
                            you need a full tower case to fit 2 PSU's though :(

Comment

just strapit to th eside of ya pc with sticky tape and cut a hole with a acetalyne welder to poke teh holes through
                              TT Original

Comment

Working...
                              X