PC shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC shutting down

I am a flight sim junkie. Recently, I have come across a game "Jetfighter, Fortress America", that causes my computer to shut down. I am trying to understand how this works. I guess there is some setting in th eBIOS that monitors system temps and take precautionary measures, but I don't quite understand how it works. I can find no thermocouple on the Soyo Dragon motherboard. Can someone shed some light on this problem? TIA

Re: PC shutting down

Unless the thermal probes on your board are giving results that are well off the mark, I wouldn't look at disabling the settings in the BIOS. If they are at least close to accurate, you may want to look into better cooling instead. But even with good coolin gin place, you'll still want to make sure you have good airflow moving through the enclosure too.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I was not wanting to disable them, I was just curious if the shut down setting might be adjustable. The DragonPlus motherboard came with some type of temperature monitiring software, but every time I activated it, the pc shut down. I ended up disabling this one. The funny thing is that Jetfighter IV does this unathorized shutdown, but Microsoft 2004 sim does not. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.lol

Comment

What os system are you using?

I live that sim too! but found out that when I upgraded to windows 2000 it would no longer work.

I've looked for windows 2000 patches, drivers etc... no luck

Happy flight

Comment

Working...
        X