Mobile XP 2500+ on an Abit KX7-333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile XP 2500+ on an Abit KX7-333

I've been trying to get the 2500+ to work on my abit mboard without much luck. It gets recognized as a mobile 600mhz cpu and I can get it up to 1.6ghz, but thats still short of its normal 1833mhz. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this or knows if the mobile 2500+ will work on a kx7-333.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Pat

Re: Mobile XP 2500+ on an Abit KX7-333

Not even...
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...ies=1&model=31

The AMD mobile line uses the Barton core. This old chipset cannot utilize this processor type. I don't recall if it can even use the T-Bred core processors... I'd have to research that. Your best bet is to see if you can pick up a nice nForce2 based motherboard.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah.... I figured that was the case. I was just hoping to save myself the $80 for now and stick with my old mboard. Guess I'll just have to run it at 1.6ghz until tomorrow :\.

I appreciate the feedback though.

Pat

Comment

Whoa that my first mobo ever...nice mobo i might say...just a bit outdated...
        - Damien

Comment

I ended up buying a shuttle an35n-ultra over the weekend and now I'm running at 2.3ghz at 36c under load (air cooled). I wish I could have kept my kx7, but the an35n has a nice built in sound card so I guess it wasnt a total loss.

Somehow upgrading a computer always seems to cost twice as much as you estimate it .

Comment

Bad luck possably.

Comment

More like not doing the proper homework first. ;)

Comment

Working...
              X