looking for data recovery app, help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for data recovery app, help pls

i reinstalled windows in my hard drive while leaving my other partitions alone, but after installing windows i noticed that my data was lost in my partitions but space has been used, is there a program for me to help me get back my data?

Re: looking for data recovery app, help pls

I doubt your data is missing. A reformat of the partition Windows resides on should not effect other partitions. Assuming you're in Windows XP (2000 will be similar):
    Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc
    OR
    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

From there, you will see your hard drive(s) listed in the bottom area of the Disk Management Window. It will also list your partitions. Your two partitions with the data you need may not have drive letters, meaning you'll need to assign them manually. To do this, right-click on the partition, and select "Change Driver Letter and Paths..." You'll figure it out from there, assuming this is the problem. ;)

Otherwise, it would be nice to know what version of Windows you're using, the size of the partitions, and the file system of each partition.

Comment

I would have thought the likely hood is that your data is completely intact and in reality you mearly need to recover the fat (File allocation) tables for those other drives. There should be many utilities that will enable this recovery.

http://www.handyarchive.com/free/par...able-recovery/

Hope this is some help

Griffon

Comment

Try Easeus DataRecoveryWizard. It can help you to solve this problem.

Comment

GetDataBack for Fat32 or NTFS
          E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
          X