Overvolt protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overvolt protection

As a psu geek, the one thing I notice is that none of the reviews state whether the psu under test has overvolt protection built in.

AS overvolting can 'take out' virtually every component in a pc, thus causing extreme pain in the wallet, can we look for info on this in further reviews?

OLdphart

Re: Overvolt protection

Sure can. I generally make no mention of this feature since a vast majority of folks use decent surge protectors anyway. Since power (in the US at any rate) is generally not so unreliable to require this type of protection, I haven't made mention of it. I can do so in the future, though, if this is of interest to you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Overvolt protection

Sorry for my slow reply. A slight misunderstanding due to improper use of English on my part.
      What I really meant to say was overvolt protection on the low voltage lines. If, for example, the +12v line goes high, to say, 15v (+25%), a lot of items inside the pc will not take kindly to that.
      Good quality items should really start to 'fold back' or even trip if the volts exceed 10%.
      It follows that line voltage surges would be minimised on the downstream side of the psu.
      OLdphart

Comment

Working...
      X