9800 pro rox my sox off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9800 pro rox my sox off!

omg. the difference in 3d Mark 03 was amazing!

here's my old score with my BFG 5500 256 meg

My new score w00t!

Re: 9800 pro rox my sox off!

Looks about right, double the performance. Hopefully i'll be seeing an even bigger jump from my radeon 9600 when i buy a geforce 6800....shame about the astronomical price tag though

Comment

Yep HL2 works like a charm with almost everything set on high and extra smooth frames unless I quick save... I dont know what those guys at valve did, but HL2 looks and runs better than farcry. Not to mention the great storyline and physics... Ohhh... Game of the decade!!!

Comment

far cry pixel shader 3.0? nice!

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmep
          far cry pixel shader 3.0? nice!
          What is pixel shader 3.0 I have yet to have very much experiance with Video as of yet, All I know is it is a huge factor in what Video card to buy and I also know that the X800Xt has 2.0 and the 6800GT has 3.0, What is this and what are the diffrences between 2.0 and 3.0?

Comment

It is the next generation of pixel shading technique, but there aren't any games that really support it right now so it is nothing more than hype at the moment.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

OK I kind of worded it wrong, I meant to ask what Pixel shader was altogether and what it does to improve graphics?

Comment

It allows developers to program complex effects that wouldnt be possible with simple textures\bitmaps. You will find that pixel-shaded water looks way better than a simple, repeating texture.

Edit: For the time being Pixel Shader 3.0 isnt really being used in games, however PS3.0 codepaths can give nvidia cards a performance boost due to how the instructions are executed (Farcry would be an example, though the 1.2 patch with Shader Model 3.0 support was withdrawn).
                Last edited by sr4470; 11-18-2004, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sr4470
                  It allows developers to program complex effects that wouldnt be possible with simple textures\bitmaps. You will find that pixel-shaded water looks way better than a simple, repeating texture.

Edit: For the time being Pixel Shader 3.0 isnt really being used in games, however PS3.0 codepaths can give nvidia cards a performance boost due to how the instructions are executed (Farcry would be an example, though the 1.2 patch with Shader Model 3.0 support was withdrawn).
                  it was withdrawn? ahhh i was looking forward to seeing that on my friend's 6800 GT!

Comment

you could probably still find the patch if you hunt around

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglee
                      ...I dont know what those guys at valve did, but HL2 looks and runs better than farcry....
                      Um they took forever and a day plus 1 to finish the game.

Comment

haha...I cant get hold of that so im using counter-strike source for now...

Comment

far Cry runs great for me. Doom 3 runs pretty good... haven't tried out HL 2 yet!

Comment

Last edited by Blinkme323; 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X