very annoying problem in 98SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very annoying problem in 98SE

well i cleaned out my font folder and by mistake i deleted the needed fonts for the text on example youre desktop, the text below the icons are now shrinked, i almost cant read what it says, the text from my browsers(IE5.5) back and forward button etc, so all the fonts i cant edit via right clicking my desktop and going to preferences etc.. so im desperatly looking for the font that is used by windows 98SE as standard , any other font i can change, just the ones i cant change are so damn small, and all the rest stayed as normal, if anyone can help me feel free, thanks in advance

Whoops!

That's gotta' be a drag.

Microsoft has a Knowledge Base article that goes through the font recovery process - actually, it's a bit more involved than I would have expected.

Go to MSKB article# Q234749

Best of luck to you:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

or resinstall win98 over itselfs
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

or get another computer, and a hub, and share your C drive and copy over the needed files.... or better yet, take your hard drive and install it as a slave in another computer and copy the fonts that way.

Both of those should work fine..

Comment

Working...
        X